Saturday, September 23, 2023

Encountering...

    By Sr. Angela Tran

May I learn to love you… in all that love can be.

Jubilee Farm
It was a sunny day at Jubilee Farm. We gathered at this Center for Ecology and Spirituality to dive deeper into our Creation Story with Sr. Sharon Zayac, OP. As she explained how our Creation Story shapes our cosmology, theology, and spirituality, we were reminded of our interconnectedness to our Creator and all of creation. I soon recognized that this part had been absent in my relationship with God. Coming from a developing country, the idea of a “common home” I grew up with was so narrow that it only included the house we lived in. Listening to what Thomas Aquinas once said, “A mistake in our understanding of creation will necessarily cause a mistake in our understanding of God,” I was challenged by my own preconceived notion of “who” God is. Sr. Sharon shared with us, “Even in the language we use, ‘who’ is not enough to define God.”

During our break, I wandered outside and eventually sat on a swing. The wind blew, and for a moment, I was captured by the scene of falling leaves. It was not something to be awestruck by. It was just a simple movement of an ordinary life circle. Yet I found myself gazing at all the colors in front of me. The abundance of emerald green brightened in sunlight. Shades of saffron let themselves “fly” with the flow. It just dawned on me, “God, it is you. All… is you. You have revealed a part of you that I never expected to encounter.” As I was processing, I started to write…

HOME: WHERE LOVE ENCOUNTERS…

Mass during Orientation

I heard a story
A story I have heard before
A story I have ignored
A story that is a part of other stories
A story that is a part of the whole.

I heard this story
Yet I heard it again…
And this time, something shifted.
A myth that goes beyond facts
The sacred flares forth…
Through the gift of this beautiful land.

First day of school at CTU

Emmett – This Truth we repeat
Adamah – Wonders in your eyes
Dominion – Blessings upon all
For we are made to be a part of…

The whole of life
If only I recognized…
Sooner
The heart you hold
You have revealed without reserve. A part of you has been beckoning… To be a part of my heart.

Apple picking at County Line Orchard

How love sustains With all that love is
To see you dancing on these verdant leaves
To breathe in your presence as Summer swings by
To hear you through the dawn chorus of new life
To feel your touch in the whistle of the wind
To behold you in this Season of Creation

For you have created all before me
Brought life to all so I can flourish
In my Mother's womb, you have held me tight
Nourish me with fruits from her soil
Mesmerize me with the shades of olive and amber
In the beauty of which Love utters…
Your tenderness
That a part of me is now beckoning…
To save the Heart you let yourself fall for.

Planting trees

Abba,
I have known you…
Now I am encountering you again
Your arms have opened,
Now I am stepping into what remains…
To reach the Heart that holds all its beats.
I am searching for hope
In the midst of so much pain
In resistance to such constant change
Yet listening is present
In its intense attentiveness to the “how”

If an uncomplicated witness is what Love invites, May I learn to start with myself…
That I am moved to do my part
That relationships matter
That communion surpasses responsibility That kindness contributes to this cosmic energy…

Morning Prayer with our Dominican
Sisters of Springfield (MH) - Sacred
Heart Convent Chapel

For we are ONE in the being you have awakened We hold dear the life you lay down before… We join the life you continue to bring forth May you save the Heart you let yourself fall for May we be at home in your love.



23 comments:

  1. Wow! You are 💝

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is surely touching your heart! What a moving poem of the love of our God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing the beauty of creation of fall in the Midwest! You are a gift to us all! Continued love and prayers! Elizabeth O’Donnell, OP

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rejoice Angie with your beautiful growing, knowing, slowing, flowing, glowing loving heart, where you feel God is holding and revealing your ONE ESSENCE of all Creation! What a glorious journey for you, Angie, for Autumn; to simply release that which no longer serves you… with gratitude, joy and peace🤎🧡😊💛❤️💚beautiful poem of awakening💥always, your Angel prayer partner, Becky🙏🏽😇🎉

    ReplyDelete
  5. your reflection and poem enriched my morning prayer .... thank you ... Mary V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! I can see and feel it all. You have a gift. You ARE a gift. Love, Annunciata

    ReplyDelete
  7. …to let yourself fall for this God of all Creation…❤️Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your reflection offers a wonderful way to begin my day. Carla Kovack, OP (San Rafael)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your beautiful poem, Angela. You have a gift for capturing moments of grace in words and drawing us in with you. Your reflection is a superb example of Sharon’s point about the interconnectedness of cosmology, theology and spirituality.
    Pat Walter, OP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - thank you! Lorraine Reaume, OP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words are so profound and captivating. Thank you so much, Angela! Elaine Keenan, OP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angela, so grateful for your rich sharing, and, yes, I do know you by heart and connect in the Spirit each day! Diane B.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathleen GallagherTuesday, September 26, 2023

    I am touched by your depth; it is inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for such a beautiful reflection and poem. Pat Dual, OP

    ReplyDelete
  15. A powerful reflection. Thank you Sr Angela. Cathy A, OP

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Angela, for your heartfelt and beautiful sharing. Your poetic voice springs forth with great awe and love and the wonder of a Love so great that it's revealed in the leaves, wind, sunlight, your mother's womb, and in your heart. Continue to grow and blossom! Yours, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous Sept. 29
    I always wondered what your activities of your day would be. Now I have a
    better understanding and thanks to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for such a beautiful glimpse into your experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing with your sisters all the ways God is embracing you in love and gives you courage and hope to embrace the future. Love & prayer, Brigid Cannon, OP

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are all off to a good start and so creative and beautiful personalities. Now October is such a beautiful month ahead. A nature changes we also change. Peace, Nancy Jane Kunz OP

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful personalities! God's joy radiates in you ! May you continue to grow in peace ,joy and community as your experience God's presence in nature AND each other.
    Esther Calderon, OP

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, Angela especially for the line in your beautiful poem where you reflect that “Communion surpasses responsibility.” It struck me - I am just learning this about God even yet.
    How wonderful to meet you all in this blog. May all of you grow in communion with God and with one another as you continue to listen to God’s desire for each of you.
    Patricia Riley OP

    ReplyDelete
  23. Since I could not find your email address in our Directory, I am using this to respond to your poetic celebration of our God's love and its expression in nature.
    I grew up on a dairy farm so was emersed in nature and have continued to enjoy being so when I can. Your depth of awe was precious to me.
    Janice Thome OP

    ReplyDelete