Thursday, May 19, 2022

A New "Chapter" in Religious Life

 


“Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you. He breathed on them and said, Receive the Holy Spirit.” John 20:21

I’m so blessed to have experienced (in person) the Dominican Sisters of Peace’s General Chapter in April. The grace I received from this experience is a powerful reminder to me of how the Holy Spirit continues to collaborate with us on our journey, both individually and as a religious congregation. I have to admit when I first saw the whole election process on paper; I was very confused as to how it would actually unfold at the Chapter? But then again, I forgot that the Holy Spirit was moving the process and that it is not just the work of human hands. Although it took lots of collaborating human hands to make it happen as well! With the Feast of Pentecost coming up, it’s a great reminder of how the Holy Spirit was sent to help us as collaborators with God and with each other to be witnesses to God’s plan of salvation. 

This reminds me of a great quote I recently heard, “We are waiting for God’s intervention, but God is waiting for our collaboration.” I have practiced living collaboratively for the last 10 months here at the CDN and I’ve witnessed peaceful collaboration in action at our General Chapter. I have to say, I was completely mesmerized at the peaceful, organized and prayerful way the Chapter process unfolded. I could literally feel the Holy Spirit at work in the Chapter room and in the whole Chapter process. Now, I can imagine how the Apostles felt with the power of the Holy Spirit filling their minds and hearts on that first Pentecost. Going out on the first Pentecost to powerfully proclaim the Gospel, in collaboration with the Holy Spirit, I am certain was glorious. 

As I get ready “to be sent” from the CDN to move back to my congregation and into a new ministry, I’m excited to continue to practice some of the collaborative, prayerful, peace building skills I’ve been blessed to embrace.      

God's Peace be with each of you! 




2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey. May it continue to be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Mary Kennedy opThursday, June 23, 2022

    Blessings!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete