Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Can you feel it? Christmas is here! 

The joyful decorations are everywhere, the scents of delectable treats and meals bring a smile to many and the promise of the Incarnate Word among us is granted by the joyful season of Christmas. It is a time to Rejoice and Be Merry! 

As we celebrate Christmas,  the Dominican Novices, want to share our personal meaning of Christmas in the following section.  We also take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a joyful Christmas Season. May the peace of Christ be with you always!


 Katherine Frazier
I believe that Christmas can be summed up in the word, “Emmanuel,” that is, “God is with us.” Whenever I think about the beauty and mystery of the Incarnation, I am filled with wonder and awe that God chose to walk amongst us.  I am full of gratitude that Jesus shared life with us, his fellow humans, experiencing everything from crying and falling down and scraping his knee to  the joy of laughter an of sharing good jokes with friends.

The Incarnation reminds me that God can understand all of these human experiences—has lived through these experiences—and we can relate to one another because of what God has done.  Best of all, the Mystery of the Incarnation doesn’t end on Christmas, but is something to remember all year, that our God continues to be with us as we live our lives.

May all of you have a very merry Christmas full of many blessings!


Margaret Uche
For me Christmas means a time to prepare and celebrate the birth of Jesus. I do that through prayer and reflections, and remember our brothers and sisters all over the world in my prayers.

It is a time of doing charitable work for the poor and those in need and showing care and concerns for others. It is time of sending Christmas wishes to family, friends, and someone I have not contacted long ago.

And it is a time to spend time with family. I am happy to be spending this Christmas with our Sisters at the motherhouse and with my family and sharing that joy of Christmas.


Ana Gonzalez
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! This is my favorite season and it contributed to some of my happiest memories! Christmas has always been extraordinary; a season of rejoicing in community and acknowledging that that Christ is among us!

Growing up, I was always inspired by the generosity embraced as part of this season. I loved when my neighborhood and Sagrado Corazon Church communities came together to hosts Pastorelas and Posadas! Every one pitched in with the reenactment of the journey traveled by Mary and Joseph, the Piñata and the delicious treats. (Tamales, champurrado, calientito and chocolatito!) Later at home on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, my mother would make an elaborate dinner; a special feast which would be enjoyed with family - En Familia!

Christmas gives me abundant joy/comfort in knowing that the Incarnate Word is among us! This season during our liturgical calendar is extraordinary. I pray that the joy and the meaning of this season be with all of us beyond! May we remember and experience Christmas in our hearts and community always!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad a Todos!




No comments:

Post a Comment