Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Journey of Faith

Blog by Margaret Uche
We novices have just returned from our Dominican Spring Break tour of Dominican congregations in Akron, Ohio, Caldwell, NJ, Amityville, NY, New Haven, CT, A day at United Nations side events, Cloister convent in Guildford, CT, Hope, Maryknoll, Blauvelt, Sparkill, and Adrian, Michigan.
What an enlightening and inspiring experience. I have gained more knowledge and better understanding of the rich Dominican heritage. I was touched by the warm welcome, generosity, and hospitality extended to us by our Sisters we visited. I had the opportunity to learn more deeply about the history of each congregation, enjoyed meals, prayers, and conversations with members of our Dominican family.

I was challenged by the Sisters who were so brave and courageous to set out in faith from various countries to answer God’s call to minister and educate the children, and to care for the suffering and the marginalized with such love and compassion. These brave Sisters sacrificed everything and answered the call faithfully and tended to the needs of the church. They faced all kinds of difficulties, yet they did not let it stop them, instead they trusted in Divine Providence and came together as a family. These Sisters have encouraged and inspired me in my own journey to religious life. I am very grateful to all our Dominican Sisters! I am very proud and happy to be part of the Dominican family.

 This week the church honors St. Joseph who also answered the call of God with courage, sacrifice, and love. He was chosen by God to be the protector and supporter of Jesus and Mary. He safe guarded the honor of Mary. He teaches me how to dedicate myself and to respond to the Will of God and that God will be with me through all the trials and challenges. Although he suffered in several ways, he responded faithfully and did as the Angel of the Lord commanded him as we hear in the Gospels of Matthew.
He suffered and faced difficulties when the Angel warned him to flee to Egypt because of the threat of King Herod and he obeyed and protected Mary and Jesus. After Mary, it was St. Joseph who suffered most for Jesus when they lost him in the temple for three days.
His life was continues act of faith, humility, and obedience.
 
As a novice in my own journey to religious life, I was inspired by the stories of our brave Dominican Sisters who listened to the Holy Spirit and answered the call.
St. Joseph also reminds me to be open to God’s call to use me to do His Will.







1 comment:

  1. Grateful, Margaret, for your inspiring reflection. God's blessings to and you and our prayers that we continue to be inspired by "our brave Dominican Sisters" and St. Joseph who was always open to God's call.
    Michelle and Chris

    ReplyDelete