Sunday, February 24, 2019

Unity and Love


  It was a great pleasure for me to have the opportunity to meet Sisters in the Dominican family last week at the CDN Board and CFR Meeting. I was so delighted and inspired to hear Sisters share their stories about when they were novices back 20 years, 25 years, 30 years, 50 years, etc …    

  I wondered what has drawn them to stay in religious life with love and joy until now?  Perhaps this fidelity only exists when there is a love: love of God and love of community. These loves lead to unity, becoming one mind and one heart in God.  

 This novitiate year, I have had the opportunity to meet many Sisters in the Dominican family on various occasions. I especially was very touched to see the presence of CFRs and leadership members from many different places - South, West, Midwest, East - many of whom I met the first time. They greeted us with open arms. They invited us to visit their home congregations. I felt like I was in the unity and love of the Dominican family.  I am very grateful to witness our Dominican Sisters as examples for me to follow.





  
 This week, I have learned and reflected on the Rule of St. Augustine with Sr. Rolande and my formators at the CDN. Augustine’s opening line touched me: “Before all things, dearly beloved, love God and then your neighbor, because these were the first commandments given to us “. This has helped me to deepen my understanding of the Dominican life.

 How does being grounded in God’s love affect the way I understand the vows and my call to religious life?

 As St. Augustine suggests: “Love and then do what you will.” This helps me to understand the connection of love and freedom. Jesus freely chose to dwell in our hearts because he loves us fully. The religious life is calling me to live freely a life of love: love of God and love of neighbor. Please pray for us.


We are thankful for your prayers and support; we hold you in our hearts and prayers. 








No comments:

Post a Comment