Thursday, May 5, 2022

"God's love is made complete in us." I John 4:12

 

         

Chicago is called the "Windy City", and that is very accurate.  My room is on the third floor of the CDN and I can see the top of all the trees right outside my windows.  Every time a mysterious wind blows hard, the leaves and branches bend and then they return back to their original shape, straight and tall. Day after day, morning to night, they want to tell me and show me the love of God through their patience, endurance, faithfulness, and their joy. This happens when the wind, the clouds, the rain, the sun, and strong Mother Earth, all help to nourish them. They grow and become strong each day as I can see the baby branches are trying to grow among the old ones. 

Although the flowers and the leaves have returned back to the Earth in the winter, the trees still show their magnificent variation with their branches trying to open up and reach toward the sky and the sun. They are able to endure through the cold winter.  I wonder what has made them so grounded and to be so strong? From my room, I can see the top half of the trees and from the chapel windows downstairs, I can see the bottom half of these same trees.  The parts that help these trees stay strong and grounded are the roots, the soil of Mother Earth, their neighbor trees which surround them, and the environment around them, either visible or unseen. All these God has given to them to help them stay strong. 

As I sit in the chapel, looking at the tabernacle and at the quiet gentle light next to it, this reminds me of the relationship Jesus has with his Father and the constant faithfulness of God’s love to me each day. I hope and pray that I am able to recognize the beauty and the many blessings God has given me and in all the diversity and uniqueness of God’s creations. I pray that I am able to embrace the unending love and be open to the graces of how, "... God's love is made complete in us.” I John 4:12. 

I am praying that God will constantly open my heart and my mind so I can continually learn how to be more present, to be more aware, to be more loving, and to discover and welcome all of God’s graces around me. I also want to be able to see Jesus in our living community and in all creation.  Pray that I can have the courage and strength to be with, to embrace and to bless others. I want to be able to reach out and touch our Mother Earth and to reach out to each of you, my brothers and sisters. Because we all belong to God's creation and are living out "God's dream" for each of us.

Thank you for reading our blog all along. God bless you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment